Libreoffice Calc opening files with default import settings
For multiple files with known settings, such as separator, decimal etc.,
libreoffice --calc mydata.csv --infilter=”CSV:44,34,0,1,4/2/1”
- Separator, 44 is the ASCII value of comma
- Text delimiter, 34 is the ASCII value of double quote
- Character set to use, 0 is the system default
- Line number to start conversion. I have no header line, so it is 1
- Cell format per column, separated by /. It does not seem to matter if there are a different number of columns in the data: Extra columns default to Standard, extra formats are ignored. 4 = date d/m/y; 2 = text; 1 = standard 1
Full documentation for
infilter is here: Filter Options - Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jekyll mixing html and markdown
I have to remember that putting markdown stuff inside HTML tags won’t work, like with the Actionlist yesterday.
git diff to stdin
echo foo | git diff --no-index -- my_file -
Since git 1.5.1 there’s been an option to diff against stdin - it’s just not been documented
Germany “c/o” with letters and post
- “C/O”: Bedeutung der Angabe auf Briefen, Post und Paketen
- Originally “care of”
Sinngemäß übersetzt steht „c/o“ für „bei“.
- Write it in packets and letters, useful if a lot of people live in the house.
- die Obhut - care, custody.
- sinngemäß - correspondingly, or words of that effect, to give the gist etc. etc.