Awesome Quantified Self
What do I need?
- Something self-hosted to:
- … transparently and seamlessly track stuff, kinda like android Nomie in the good old days, but with web and android support
- … easily send/receive stuff using an API for my own visualizations
- ActivityWatch/activitywatch: The best free and open-source automated time tracker. Cross-platform, extensible, privacy-focused.: Awesome, self-hosted, selfspy-like for all platforms I care about
- onejgordon/flow-dashboard: A goal, task & habit tracker + personal dashboard to focus on what matters
- Has a REST API: Flow Dashboard · Apiary
- Needs a Google Cloud to set up locally?..
- heedy/heedy: An aggregator for personal metrics, and an extensible analysis engine self-hosted, aggregates stuff from plugins
- Plugins seem to be easy to write
- Your Body’s Dashboard | BetterSelf - yet another self-hosted dashboard - unclear where it gets the data from though
- Source code in a repo with other stuff, this seems to be it? open/open/core/betterself at master · jeffshek/open
- Web works through the website, android app in progress I guess?
- Hard to add activities through the website, nice otherwise
- Has OSS backend: muety/wakapi: 📊 A minimalist, self-hosted WakaTime-compatible backend for coding statistics
- Wakame itself has infinite editor plugins
- Human Programming Interface | beepb00p - person solving all of my problems on a much deeper level. Python package getting stuff from all sources I can think of & unifying them. The Internet is truly a wondeful place
- Frieds is about tracking time spent with people, local, cli: JacobEvelyn/friends: Spend time with the people you care about. Introvert-tested. Extrovert-approved.
- Really nice and based on a single markdown file
- sarifsystems/sarif: A distributed system serving as a personal assistant - more like a personal assistant, as open as it gets, feels very expandable
- Nice but not self-hosted: everyday | FAQ
- karlicoss/promnesia: Another piece of your extended mind web browser extension to give context about the page based on HPI data, much cooler than I can describe here
- Specific websites
- Would be nice if somehow the TOREADs from DTB got parsed, my added links from wallaby got parsed, all would live on serhii.net/f/? ..or somewhere else
- More abstractly and better about the same sentiment: The sad state of personal data and infrastructure | beepb00p
- How would that play with morning/evening pages, weekly reviews, checklists? They’d be their own data source to..?
> friends add activity three days ago: Some activity three days ago <<< Activity added: "2021-05-30: Some activity three days ago" # also works: > friends list activities --since="two month ago"
As with taskwarrior, things can get arbitrarily shortened as long as they remain unique!
friends a ac "some activity" (you can add both an activity and an alias)
Firefox for Android - using the old extensions! (And Fennec)
TL;DR create an extension collection on Firefox’s website, then from Fennec or Firefox Nightly they can be installed! Wooooohooo!
Also TIL about Fennec - seems like a Firefox fork without features that are ‘considered harmful’
Taskwarrior logging an already completed task
task log adds a task and sets its status to completed! 1
As a bonus, tasks that don’t have a specific tag are
task -notthistag list
Git add vim swap files to .gitignore
To add all the swapfiles generated by vim (
.swo, etc) to gitignore:2
Here’s also interesting Github’s own
.gitignore for vim files: gitignore/Vim.gitignore at master · github/gitignore
Python graph library
graph-tool: Efficent network analysis with python looks like a really good and modern graph theory library for python