Fiamma (PKM and links wiki)
Hi! I'm exploring this wiki as a possibility for "social" bookmarking and/or Personal knowledge management. Things may break, disappear or explode at any time, as with anything on *.pchr8.net/*.
Currently this wiki contains 1,326 articles and categories (mostly links), edited 2,238 times. The last created pages are on Special:Newestpages.
The 25th March 2020 I decided to resurrect this after a pause from about May 2019, and most probably heavy restructuring will follow - things below may or may not be actual or working.
Using contains basic things I'm likely to forget (Markup, Syntax, Style guide, taxonomy, ...).
- Not a link - pages that are not built around a single link. The actual "Knowledge management" part :)
- FormulatingKnowledge - some things I try to follow, especially for Anki fleshcards
- Taxonomy - meta-category; Articles / Blogs / Websites / Videos / Podcasts / ...
For the pages in the following categories, "rating" means "How much do I want/need to read this", "complexity" is "how hard I found it at first glance" / "how much effort do I predict this will cost":
- Category:To read
- Category:To read - multi ("list of interesting links")
- Category:To read again ("I read it but I should come back to this")
- Category:Prayers ("Keep reading periodically; you shouldn't forget this")
- PotentiallyInteresting for wider areas of knowledge than books or web pages, that I might check out in some far-away future
Every time I do one of these, I should visit the pages for things I forget or should keep in mind
The core of this wiki. TODO restructure
For now, this wiki will be divided into (some of) the following very broad intersecting areas:
- Self-hosting - Self-hosting (~ https://www.reddit.com/r/selfhosted%7C/r/selfhosted)
- Resources - Sites which I might find continually useful, references
- People - Psychology, stories, history, ...
- Art - Design, Aesthetics, Literature as an art
- Language - Languages, uses of language, linguistics
- Category:Style - In all languages
- Productivity - which includes learning, knowledge organization, speedreading, time management, personal finance, etc.
- RL - Real Life ™©®
- Meta - Things dedicated to 'this' wiki
- Taxonomy - meta-category about ways to organize things (List of examples, ...)
- To read - for when I'm bored.
- Not a link
- To watch for movies
- Ideas for creative stuff to do
We'll see how this goes.
Todo: system for quotes, probably using the exact same category system. I'll just add another category or namespace? To fix:
- [Current scripts] to the new vimscript ones described in Day 450 | Diensttagebuch
- Add all the characters outlined in https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Page_title to the Current_scripts.
Selected text on a page should go in the newly created page, after "----", to signal to the transforming script that those are not the categories anymore, but just additional text. Update both the qutebrowser userscript and the vimscript to reflect that (= two macros, one for "fill and close" and one for "fill and wait")
- Fix it not always recognizing Wikipedia links as valid links
Make it automatically work with "="s with it being used as a variable (See � https://www.pchr8.net/f/index.php/Using#Additionally)
- Also remove the ?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+collabfund+%28Collaborative+Fund%29 trash at the end of URLs automatically
- Do I want Google Analytics?
- Make it work with empty titles (using link instead of title, prolly; but what to do with special characters? Or just asking in a prompt)
- Some scripts to check for link rot and/or archive the pages?
- A script which generates "What should you read next", which uses a) rating, b) time added to the Wiki, the more old, the better; then it generates either a wiki page or, even better, RSS. Bonus points for buttons a la "I have read this"
- And possible link it on my home page ("send me somewhere interesting").
- Quantified Self -- at what times do I usually add pages ? How long do I take to "read" them? What are the average complexities and ratings I give them, and how it depends on time of the day? Creation of categories vs addition of pages/links, time of addition => time when I'm most likely to procrastinate, etc etc etc?
Far away: do an extension with an overlay, where you enter everything or accept defaults by pressing "Enter", then confirm (kinda like the adduser utility combined with sth a la Guake terminal) or edit, and it gets sent here automagically.
- 3 shell scripts: Kill weasel words, avoid the passive, eliminate duplicates seems to be the last page before this got abandoned