Plans for the summer + state of my projects
Now playing: Эй, ухнем!
This summer I would like to finish a couple of projects, or at least to bring them to some level where I can leave them alone. С глаз долой – из сердца вон, в общем. See what I can do with the others.
- Reasons for living
- I don’t think that the website as envisioned at the beginning would add value; keep it as random images/text pairings and nothing more
- Cleaner code, cleaner system for quotes (still textfile-based, but maybe with tags; or at least two textfiles, sfw-positive and nsfw-random?)
- Review the quotes and images
- Credit the persons who wrote the glitch scripts I use in the glitch version for images and text.
- Find as many sources for the quotes and the images
- Use-case: тупо залипать, Господи.
- Add there the current “take me somewhere interesting” thing from sparksara.net
- All this before the end of the summer
- Get back the domain
- Use as many scripts from SS as possible
- Generate names using various methods
- Check domains
- Not a priority
- Mirrorboard ☑ Here: https://www.pchr8.net/blog/2017/07/27/updated-left-hand-dvorak-mirroboard-keyboard-layout-now-pictures/
- Fix s ☑
- Add arrow keys
- Or add a right-hand version where there are more keys available to the right
Borderline IT + Soft sciences
- I still would like to make a creativity and divergent thinking tools website out of it
- Implement basic tools to help me learn some front-end scripting
- Research creativity
- Design that stimulates creativity (colors, sounds, combinations, …)
- Find existing methods, formalize them, and implement them
- Link to relevant resources and get links from relevant resources
- Think really well about the structure
- Not-so-basic tools and auth for possible monetization sometime later
- Have a niche blog about what I learn to learn to write and learn to make niche websites with ads.
- Before the end of the summer at least make a review of existing literature and a sketch of what exactly will make sense to implement
- Would make sense only in VK as experiment
- Not too interesting technically and done before
- Kill it prolly?
- I can imagine it as a developed standard? Or a specification. Think RSS 1.0. Used as a semi-common language for gestures in many different contexts. Like there are certain expectations
- Think about ideating / writing a generalized system
- Probably the thing I’ll me concentrating on the most, and the one needing the most work
- Excuse to learn AI and ML?
- Try to at least get a shorthand system out of it.
- My shorthand system
- Create a name for it
- A small writeup on how it works and basics
- Intersections with Ithkuil
- Again have it as a version.
- It’s own /project page on pchr8.net
- All before the end of the summer
- I really have no idea.
- I could frame it as excuse to learn CSS3/frontent, to use my medium as much as possible, to express my creativity, whatever.
- Before the end of the summer see if I want to keep it up, if yes — definitely think about a plot and at least a direction.
Don’t forget all the many small ideas I get.
And when thinking what to do exactly, think more along the lines of “is it interesting personally for me” and “what is the potential for learning” more than “does it have an audience” and “will it earn money”?
And lastly, don’t work on too much at the same time. Priorities atm are Gesturehand and Sparksara.
Also think about that colored font for small screens.