Rancher and kubernetes, the very basics
- most interesting thing to me in the interface is workers->pods
Two ways to run stuff
- via yaml
- via kubernetes CLI /
- change docker image and pod name
- you can use a command in the yaml syntax run in interactive-ish mode, ignoring the Docker command, to execute stuff inside the running docker image.
- name: podname image: "docker/image" command: - /bin/sh - -c - while true; do echo $(date) >> /tmp/out; sleep 1; done
Kubernetes Workloads and Pods | Rancher Manager
- Pods are groups of containrs that share network and storage, usually it’s one container
Assigning Pods to Nodes | Kubernetes:
nodeNameis a simple direct way
metadata: name: nginx spec: containers: - name: nginx image: nginx nodeName: kube-01
Nel mezzo del deserto posso dire tutto quello che voglio.