Markdown syntaxt highlight in vim and URIs
If you paste an URL containing characters with a meaning in markdown, it breaks syntax highlight till the end of the file. Especially URIs containing an uneven number of underscores. Fix is either make it
code, or indent it - it seems formatting is local for indentation, at least for vim.
Parsing json via
- Can read from
stdin, otherwise it’s
jq filter inputData.
- man-page is surprisingly readable
- jq Manual (development version) is an online version
- Parsing JSON with jq is a nice tutorial
- JSON on the command line with jq | George Ornbo is an even better one
- https://jqplay.org/ is really nice, you give an input, a filter, see the result in reallife.
- Yet another tutorial: Reshaping JSON with jq | Programming Historian
It supports newlines in filters!
“Data science and the command line” (from json - How to nicely remove empty array in jq - Stack Overflow}
vim / terminal drag and drop
I can drag and drop my screenshots in the terminal and it pastes the absolute location!
uniq works only on sorted output!
This explains really a lot.