Setting up again Nextcloud, dav, freshRSS sync etc. for Android phone
New phone, need to set up again sync and friends to my VPS - I’ll document it this time.
This is part of the success story of “almost completely de-Google my life” that’s one of the better changes I ever did.
- Port Knocking
- Port Knocker | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository
- Settings on server unchanged
- FreshRSS - Google Reader compatible API implementation
- Had remote access etc. enabled as described in FreshRSS
- EasyRSS on Android:
- Server: https://my.server/api/greader.php
- Username: the one I use for web login
- Password: the “API password' I set in profile -> API management -> API password
- Nextcloud | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository
- No issues logging in and setting up synchronization
- Enabled backing up of my contacts to nextcloud (but not back prolly)
- DavX / dav / calendar / …